Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bea Arthur

Bea Arthur singing "What'll I Do" on Golden Girls:

 

I found this video of Bea Arthur on YouTube and I had to post it for my own archive of it.  People think of Bea Arthur as the wise-cracking, acerbic Dorothy Zbornak on Golden Girls.  She was so much more!  A lot of her career was on Broadway where she enjoyed a great career as an actress and musical theater performer.  Now she is gone, and I am so thankful that we have little snippets of her great talent still available to enjoy. Is it only gay men who enjoy her?  Beni and the girls tolerate my playing these snippets, but they don't seem to enjoy them.  They certainly aren't delighted, as I am, to find them.  As far as I'm concerned, it's their loss. What an interpretation of this song!!!  Ms. Arthur, I miss you!  Thank you for this song, and for all the many other gifts you gave us.

No comments:

Post a Comment